Saturday, January 01, 2005

click2asia interview Cupid's Mistake


Interview

1. Age? 33

2. Where were you born? Korea

3. What is a typical day like for you?
I work on film distribution during the day, do some drawings, go to movie screenings and parties, and hopefully find time to take a walk.

4. You list Travel as one of your favorite hobbies, can you tell us one of your most memorable trips?
I went to Montreal 3 years ago, when the international jazz festival was on. So many people packed the city with Jazz music.


5. You started a club under the Music, Movie and TV category entitled, "Cupid's Mistake". Can you tell us more about your club?
'Cupid's Mistake' is a cute film about the problems and happiness of dating. I wanted to share these small subjects with people through the media. This film has special meaning to me. Also there was a super low budget and no actual script, just actor's improvisation, that's why their character has the same name as the actors in the real world.

6. I want to watch "Cupid's Mistake", where can I find it?
Phaedra Cinema (distributed Yellow, Gonin) will release it soon within a few months. But before this takes place, a few film festivals will show 'Cupid's Mistake'. The first screening is January 25 at the Light+Screen Film Festival in NYC. Also I'm currently shooting 'Cupid's Mistake' sequel.

7. How did you get into film making?
When I was in the Art College in Korea, I loved film. I thought to myself, I want to make "total" art. What is the ultimate art - it's Film.

8. Is being a director in Hollywood as glamorous as it sounds?
I'm not a director in Hollywood like James Cameron, but rather an independent director. I like being independent, I have the freedom to create art. 9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Continuing to make even more beautiful films which will inspire people.



Interviewed by Click2Asia.com January 17, 2000




No comments: